Nocturnal enuresis, bladder weakness.
MODE OF ACTION OF MAIN INGREDIENTS:
The remedies contained in this preparation bring about an improvement in nervous and debilitated constitutions. They also have an affinity to the motor nerves controlling the bladder functions.
Calcium phosphoricum: Constitutionally indicated in the asthenic patient.
Pulsatilla: Incontinence of urine, particularly in girls.
Ferrum phosphoricum: Incontinence of urine, also during the day.
Kalium phosphoricum: Nervous constitutions. General debility and weakness.
Sepia: Specific affinity to the bladder sphincter (insufficiency of). Nocturnal enuresis during first sleep. Close relationship to sexual sphere.
- Nocturnal enuresis in small children: 8-10 drops in some water 3 times daily
- Reduce dosage after 2-3 weeks to twice daily
- The same regimen applies to older children, however increase the dosage to 10-15 drops
- Adults should be given 10-15 drops 3 times a day over a longer period of time
- Many causes may precipitate nocturnal enuresis or bladder complaints and it is advisable therefore to elicit the deeper Iying causes to those complaints
- 'Spina bifida occulta' must be thought of
- Inflammatory processes in the urogenital tract: compare R18 to be given in addition to or in alternation with R74.
- Involvement of the prostrate gland: R25